- Product type:
- Quick Lime
- 1.5ton Pallets
- Local Co-ops & Agri Merchants
REDUCE COSTS. INCREASE QUALITY & YIELDS.
Growmax helps achieve optimal pH levels, increasing yields, quality and therefore your bottom line. Expect to significantly increase slurry and fertiliser efficiency through its use. Growmax is fast acting – instantly reacting with moisture and so is ideal for conacre or leased lands.
- TNV and Calcium content is more than 1.7 times that of granulated or ground limestone.
- 50% higher pH than granulated or ground limestone.
- Reacts immediately and typically keeps acting for up to 2 years.
- Spread yourself with standard equipment.
- Suitable for grassland and tillage.
- Helps to establish crops and grass in lower pH soils.
- High Calcium content strengthens crops and helps prevent lodging.
- Can apply on wet and hilly land unlike ground limestone.
Download Growmax Brochure
See the Difference
How to use
EASY TO SPREAD. IMMEDIATE EFFECTS.
Testing and determining requirements
Application will depend on soil type and the current pH level. Ideally test the soil’s pH level to determine requirements (tests cost as little as €25). A pH of 6.3 is recommended for grassland and a pH of 6.5 for barley, wheat and maize. Remember, pH varies with the time of year and can be different in different parts of a field.
Almost all Irish farmland is acidic so even if you’re not monitoring your pH levels, we’d suggest you apply Growmax to increase your returns. Best applied little and often; research suggests that small quantities of lime applied annually is more efficient than large quantities spread every five or ten years.
Applying the product
- Spread with standard fertiliser equipment.
- Spread 5 to 7 days before or after fertilising, ideally before.
- Spread 7 to 10 days before or after slurry spreading, ideally after.
- For tillage or re-seeding grassland, best to apply to seedbed and harrow in.
- Can be surface applied to grassland or to a struggling tillage crop.
- Do not spread on silage ground after closing.
- Allow 21 days before grazing.
- Wash spreader and tractor immediately after use.
How it Works
Quick-acting soil improver
Where to Buy
Available from co-ops and
agri merchants nationwide.
Brendan Reilly, our Sales Manager, can advise on your specific needs or provide details of stockists in your area. Simply call Brendan on +353 87 7870097. Alternatively enter your query below and Brendan will be in touch soon.
“I am a liquid milk supplier and now in times of volatile milk prices, efficiency is essential. I have been using Growmax for the last number of years. I find the best way to apply lime is little and often.
Growmax allows me to fully utilise my fertiliser and slurry. I have reduced my fertiliser spend. I am growing more quality grass therefore reducing my cost of production. Lime is overlooked on most farms. Correct pH levels is essential for any farmer serious about growing quality grass.”